Every time we post upcoming class locations we receive a slew of emails asking us when we’re going to come to their town. Now – through the magic of the internet – you can take an Amee Runs with Scissors class virtually anywhere!
And the magic doesn’t stop there… “Once Upon a Gleam” is an exciting new project designed to encourage Beginners while challenging Advanced Students alike. Learn the Amee Runs with Scissors method for incorporating larger stones, work with our delicious new Luxury Italian Metallic Soutache and Twisted Cord, learn how to make loops that can be interwoven while holding their shape and the secrets of creating cleanly finished backs even on only partially-backed components!
Kit includes Soutache, Twisted Cord, Glass Beads, Swarovski Stones, Beading Foundation, Ultrasuede, Jump-Rings, Head-Pins, Toggle, Thread and E6000 glue.
To complete this project, you will need a few things that are not included in this kit; scissors, flat-nose pliers, looping or rosary-pliers, flush cutters, a size 10 beading needle and Crafter’s Pick washable fabric glue.
This kit is available in three enchanting colorways. Please note that the shape of the large Swarovski stones is different for each colorway.
- Mermaid - Soutache; Silver & Gun-Metal. Swarovski Stones - large, Bermuda Blue triangles and Crystal AB rivolis.
- Fairy - Soutache; Deep & Pale Gold. Swarovski Stones - large, Purple Haze squares and Golden Shadow rivolis.
- Sprite - Soutache; Bronze & Copper. Swarovski Stones - large, Paradise Shine pear shapes and Vitrail rivolis.
Questions & Answers;
- Why should I sign up now and pre-order my kit?
- These kits use some very large Swarovski crystals many of which must be special ordered, some of which have to be custom made for us. Ordering now insures you’ll get your choice of color because we’ll be ordering the stones in September to meet the demand. There will be some extra kits available for sure but they’ll be full price after the end of August and when they’re gone, they’re gone.
- Are kits available without taking the class? Or vice-versa?
- Not at this time. In a year or two, we may offer it as a kit with PDF instructions or as a video only but – for now – the kit and the class come together.
- How does an “online class” work?
- When we get your order, your email address will be added to the class roster. When the classes start up on October 23rd, you will have access to the private online group. One new video lesson will post every week for four weeks.
- Click HERE to see a sample of what our videos look like. It will play from our online course platform so – if you can play this one – you can play the class.
- Do I have to be a particular place at a particular time?
- No – this is not a webinar. It’s not “live.” You can watch the videos anytime after the lessons post. There is, however, a chat feature to the platform where students can weigh in, compare notes, ask questions and even post photos of their work. Amee will be checking in once a day (Monday through Friday) to cheer you on and answer any questions during the four-week class period. After all four video sessions are online, students retain access to them indefinitely.